West Lothian Criminal and Youth Justice Service, Police Scotland, West Lothian Children and Families Social Work, Health, West Lothian Housing Department and other relevant agencies work in partnership to assess, manage and reduce the:
- Risk of Re-offending (both in general and specific types of offending)
- Risk of Harm (behaviour that is likely to prove directly harmful to another person). This includes emotional harm as well as physical harm.
The current risk management processes aim to improve public safety and include:
- Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA), for sexual offenders - Multi-agency public protection arrangements (MAPPA) in Scotland: national overview report 2020 to 2021
- Multi-Agency Partnership for Violent Offenders (MAPVO),
- Multi-Agency Tasking and Co-ordination (MATAC), for perpetrators of domestic abuse.
- Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC), which address the needs of victims of domestic abuse.