Child Protection

Everyone has a responsibility to make sure children are safe and well cared for.

Concerns about children are normally reported to:

  • Social Work
  • Police
  • Health (e.g. Health Visitor, GP)
  • Any other professional involved with the child or family e.g. Housing Officer, Teacher

The leaflet below explains what happens before, during and after a child protection concern is raised with a professional:

As part of the child protection process children and young people may be interviewed by specially trained police officers and social workers. These interviews visually recorded and referred to as VRIs (visually recorded interviews).

The leaflet below gives more information about VRIs: